本帖最后由 香格里拉 于 2015-12-15 20:44 编辑
A Record Stride 铭 记 跨 越
By Robert Frost 罗伯特·弗罗斯特
In a Vermont bedroom closet 在佛蒙特的一间卧室
With a door of two broad boards 两块宽板的壁橱门里
And for back wall a crumbling old chimney 在行将倒塌的旧烟囱后壁
(And that’s what their toes are towards) (前尖竖起)
I have a pair of shoes standing 我倚立
Old rivals of sagging leather 一双皱面衰颜的鞋子
Who once kept surpassing each other 它们曾踊跃前进你争我比
But now live even together. 而今却共处一室同命相依
They listen for me in the bedroom 平心静气
To ask me a thing or two 等我来评议
About who is too old to go walking 谁老迈得无法行持
With too much stress on the who. 哪个重负难支
I wet one last year at Montauk 去年在蒙塔克时
For a hat I had to save. 我抢救一顶帽子踏湿了一只
The other I wet at the Cliff House 悬崖小屋肆虐的风浪里
In an extra-vagant wave. 打湿了另外一只
Two entirely different grandchildren 两个孙辈迥异
Got me into my double adventure. 让我历险两次
But when they grow up and can read this 但愿他们长大能读这首诗
I hope they won’t take it for censure. 不要以为这是一种责斥
I touch my tongue to the shoes now 如今我舔试这双鞋子
And unless my sense is at fault 假如舌头没有问题
On one I can taste Atlantic 一只散发着大西洋的气息
On the other Pacific, salt. 一只沐浴着太平洋的盐渍
One foot in each great ocean 大步的跨越和拓展铭记
Is a record stride or stretch. 在每个大洋里的鞋子
The authentic shoes it was made in 我本该物有所值地
I should sell for what they would fetch. 拍卖这双名牌鞋子
But instead I proudly devote them 可是我却骄傲地
To my museum and muse; 奉献于我的收藏我的诗意
So the thick-skins needn’t act thin-skinned 因此这双跋山涉水的厚鞋子
About being past-active shoes. 不必为过去的奔波不好意思
And I ask all to try to forgive me 人们啊,请原谅我好似
For being as over-elated 过分欢喜
As if I had measured the country 仿佛我将全国遍迹
And got the United States stated. 把美利坚诠释
(香格里拉译)
|